I took a look at the Farmer’s Almanac a few weeks ago, and it looks like it’s going to be a super cold winter! Probably with lots of snow.
Are you the kind of person who loves the ideas of snowy holidays, and long winter days, or wish you could skip it all and get back to your flip-flops and sunning?
Either way, winter really is on its way, and so is the inevitable struggle your skin will probably have with the change in season. Let’s not forget that the skin is affected by everything – internal and external!
Do I need to say it again?
The inside is the start but the stressors from the outside will cause changes, as well.
The holistic formula for keeping your skin (and your body too) at its best really doesn’t change, but let’s quickly hit it all again!
- Breathe, Breathe, Breathe, intentionally. I know I say it all of the time, but oxygen is so important for your overall health, energy, and waste removal on a cellular level. The reality is that not enough people take the time to breathe the way they should.
- Drink, drink, drink, lots and lots of water! You know it’s important, but winter is especially drying. So you need to keep adding water to hydrate your skin from the inside out!
- Eat hot, warm, cooked foods. Kick start your metabolism, so that your body can keep doing what it needs to do. Including making energy, and removing toxins.
- Get plenty of rest as stress will cause all kinds of adverse consequences for your skin. You know it’s about to be stressful in your house if it hasn’t started already!
- Find a good moisturizer that will help keep the water you have already from escaping. Maybe an oil, as well depending on what your skin’s needs are. (Don’t forget, I can help you here, if you aren’t sure)
- Good sunscreen for the outside winter sports, my favorite is “Suntegrity Moisturizing Mineral Face Sunscreen and Primer” and a great lip balm “Eminence Rosehip & Lemongrass Lip Balm” SPF 15. Check out Eminence Products HERE, and the entire Suntegrity line-up HERE!
A few other tips from me – your Besty Esty as we launch into colder weather:
- Don’t over exfoliate even when you think that is what you need, most likely you do not.
- A great oil cleanser will help keep the skin’s natural barrier intact so the dryness is relieved.
- Yummy body moisturizer for everywhere? Yes, please! I LOVE the Eminence Strawberry & Rhubarb Hyaluronic Body Lotion.
- If you need help deciding what is best for your skin please reach out. You know I’ve got your back (and your face).
*This blog post contains affiliate links. When you click on a link and make a purchase I may receive a commission. This is at no additional charge to you.